Thursday, January 6, 2011

Urinal Art

It pays to carry a camera in Seoul because you never know when you might come across something eminently worth photographing.  One night, after being overcharged for hot chocolate at a cafe near Samgakji, I stopped to use the convenience and was delighted to discover a collection of amusing urinal art.

Urinal art is common in Seoul; every subway station lavatory I've visited has some.  I think having something to consider visually while you void your bladder is nice.  Here's an example I found in a bank:

To me, the picture seems somewhat incongruous.

But this lavatory near Samgakji has the best urinal art I've seen yet.  Let's have a look:

Tasteful, clean, modern, efficient:  a classy row of urinals, no doubt.

... but I don't know what purpose the window serves.


The paintings depict seemingly random animals of different species loving each other.  This is clearly the work of a genius.  These paintings will be worth a fortune after the artiste's fame has spread across the world like swine flu.  I ought to have stolen one.



You can really see it in the panda's eyes.

Size doesn't matter to owl.

"There will always be a special place for you in my furry, mucus-lined marsupium."

Amphibian loves chicken:  a beautiful testimony to the joys of non-procreative relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment